The protection of the users’ (hereinafter User or Users, as applicable) privacy and processing of personal data, as well as the security of all commercial data, is an important issue that Little Me takes into account. Little Me is committed to being responsible custodians of the personal information that we collect in the course of operating our business as a provider legal and other services.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, share, or otherwise process personal information as a data controller in the course of operating our business, particularly in association with our marketing and business development practices and the operation of our main website (www.littlemeinc.com), and our other digital properties that link to this Policy, including our websites, social network accounts, and digital communications.
- Definition of personal data
Personal data is any information concerning natural persons that identifies them or makes them identifiable (hereinafter “Personal Data”) as, for example, names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail, photos or other information about a person identified or identifiable.
Little Me is children´s book publishing house that uses personal data only to the extent necessary for administrative purposes of the website, to improve the user experience and facilitate the use of the website.
- Consent of users
1.3. Gives its express acceptance for the treatment of personal data.
- Data collection mechanisms
Personal Data collected by Little Me may be obtained electronically or through our affiliates, subsidiaries, through the following mechanisms:
2.1. Little Me website, newsletters and social networks;
2.2. By updating or modifying your previously registered Personal Data;
2.4. Through Cookies and web beacons, which collect information in order to personalize the advertisements that appear on our sites and mobile applications on sites owned by other companies (please see our Cookie Notice);
- Purpose and use of personal data
The processing of Personal Data will be carried out carefully and only to fulfill the following purposes, which are necessary to take care of the commercial relationship with Users and offer the services of the Site:
- To respond to your inquiries or communications.
• To sell books and art
• To operate, troubleshoot, and improve our business development practices.
• To send you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you.
• To expand and maintain our list of contacts.
• To manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other administrative messages.
• To understand how people use our services, including by generating and analyzing statistics.
• For Little Me business purposes, including internal administration, data analysis, billing, and detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement.
• To advertise, provide, and assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, publications, and services.
• As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with our legal obligations, to respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties, or to protect your, our, or others’ rights.
We may use anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information that does not reasonably identify you for any purpose, as permitted by applicable law
- Transmission of personal data
- Revoke consent
To opt out of receiving direct mail promotional emails you can contact us according to the information contact of the Site.
The User agrees that, even if you choose not to receive promotional communications, Little Me can continue to send non – promotional emails, such as those about your account or the business relationship in progress.
Little Me will respond to complaints from individuals or questions about our compliance with this policy and with applicable privacy laws. We will investigate and attempt to resolve all complaints.
To access, rectify, make suggestions and file a complaint in relation to the processing of your personal data, as well as to revoke your consent, you can contact us at [email protected].
We hope you love our books and they become part of your family memories. Nonetheless, any inquiries for book returns will have to be made through our email [email protected] within 20 days from the purchase date. We will require the book to be returned in perfect condition for reimbursement. Any emails requesting returned products after the 20 days of purchase shall not be applicable for reimbursement.